You applied.. sent your resume.. went to the interview.. got a second interview.. got the offer. Now you told your boss and he counter offers.
Uh Oh..! Now what should you do?
Here are the top 11 reasons for refusing a job counter offer.
Job Resume and Offer
11. Once the word gets out, the relationship that you now enjoy with your co-workers will never be the same. You will lose peer group acceptance, and forever be that defector who was bought back!
10. Accepting a counter offer is an insult to your intelligence and a blow to your
personal pride, because you know that you were bought.
9. Statistics show that if you accept a counter offer, the probability of voluntarily
leaving in six months or being let go within one year is extremely high. National
statistics indicate that 89% accepting counter offers are gone in 6 months.
8. When times get tough, your employer will begin the cutback with you.
7. The same circumstances that now cause you to consider a change will
repeat themselves in the future, even if you accept a counter offer.
6. When promotion time comes around, your employer will remember who was loyal, and who wasn’t.
5. You have now made your employer aware that you are unhappy. From this day on, your loyalty will always be in question.
4. Your company will start looking for a new person at a lower salary price, immediately. The wheels are in motion to replace you, ASAP.
3. Where is the money for the counter offer coming? Is it your next raise early? (All companies have strict wage and salary guidelines which must be followed).
2. What type of company do you work for if you have to threaten to resign before they give you fair market value for your skills?
1. Payback is a (nevermind) because your recruiter will be the one to replace you!